Luas fares to increase by an average of 2%
The National Transport Authority today announced fare increases on Luas. The fare increases are sanctioned to take effect from 1st December 2012. However, for technical reasons, RPA is not in a position to apply the increases until 7th January 2013. These increases, together with other cost – saving measures are necessary in order to maintain the quality and exceptionally high standard of Luas services which now carry almost 30 million passengers every year. Luas does not receive any operating subvention from the State and in order to maintain this position it is necessary to increase fares at this time. Every effort has been made to keep the increase to the minimum. There will be an increase of 2% averaged across the fare structure.
The main fare changes are as follows:
• No increase in Child Single, Return or Smart Card / Leap Card fares
• Some Adult Single fares will remain unchanged, others will increase by 10c
• Some Adult Return fares will remain unchanged, others will increase by 20c
• Some Adult Smart Card / Leap Card fares will remain unchanged, others will increase by between 5c and 10c
• Adult 7 Day, 30 Day and Luas Tax Saver fares will increase by between 0% and 8.1%
• Child 7 Day and 30 Day fares will increase by between 2.4% and 3.0%
• Student 7 Day and 30 Day fares will increase by between 0% and 3.6%
The new Luas fares will be valid from the start of services on Monday 7th January 2013.
Click here to view or download the above press release.